Services and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the responsible planning and use of City resources.
- Provide ongoing management and oversight of the use of City resources.
- Develop, monitor and analyze departmental and city-wide operating and CIP budgets.
- Oversee city-wide position control.
- Review and approve purchase requisitions.
- Monitor and report quarterly progress (budget vs. actual) and make projections.
- City-wide grants administration.
- Approve Budget Amendments and other City Council items.
- Perform research and generate reports.
- Provide departmental budget, grant and purchasing support.
In an effort to continue our commitment to “Government in the Sunshine”, and to enhance transparency in financial reporting, the City of St. Petersburg is offering an interactive reporting tool that allows citizens to explore budget and other financial data online in various graphical formats selected by the user. OpenGov, a California-based company specializing in data accessibility, pioneered this online application.
Fiscal Year 2022 City Budget Timetable
December 2020 - Budget Department develops FY22 budget
January 2021 - Capital Improvement Budget Kickoff meeting
February 2021 - Operating Budget Kickoff meeting and CIP Budget Line Item Review Meetings
March 2021 - Line-Item Review meetings for all departments with Deputy Mayor, Assistant City Administrator and Budget Department staff
City Council Committee of the Whole Workshops
April 22, 2021 - FY22 Capital Improvement Program Committee of the Whole Workshop
May 4, 2021 - FY22 Operating Budget Committee of the Whole Workshop
Other Budget Milestones
May 17, 2021 at 6 p.m. - FY22 Budget Open House
July 1, 2021 – Pinellas County Property Appraiser certifies the Preliminary Tax Roll
July 15, 2021 – Mayor submits recommended FY22 Budget to City Council
July 22, 2021 – City Council adopts tentative millage rate and sets September FY22 Budget Public Hearing dates/times
Public Hearing #1
September 16, 2021 (must be held after 5 p.m.)
City Council adopts the tentative FY22 City Budget and millage rate.
Public Hearing #2
September 30, 2021 (must be held after 5 p.m.)
City Council considers adoption of the final FY22 Budget and millage rate, and approval of the Capital Improvements Plan.
October 1, 2021 - Fiscal Year 2022 budget begins
ADA Help Desk
The City of St. Petersburg has contracted with Digital Assurance, L.L.C. (DAC) to provide users with equal access to the financial documents posted to the website. If you have a disability and need support, please contact email@example.com, or call TTD/TTY 883-996-1534 between the hours of 8 a.m.-8 p.m., Monday - Friday.