The Community Services department provides the following:
- Assists residents to revise existing and to create new neighborhood and business associations.
- Helps develop neighborhood plans.
- Implement neighborhood traffic plans.
- Serves as liaison between neighborhoods and city administration to address quality of life issues.
- Coordinates the city's volunteer initiative, I CAN (Involved Citizens Active in Neighborhood) including two annual volunteer events - Scrubbin' da 'Burg and Carefest.
- Facilitates collaborative efforts between faith-based organizations and neighborhoods.
- Facilitate active citizen participation in the creation of safe and attractive neighborhoods.
- Provide venues to engage citizens in partnership with City Administration and other service providers.
- Provide funding or other resources to address issues and enhance neighborhoods.
- Provide opportunities for various citizen groups to engage in community volunteer opportunities.