The Kriseman administration expanded the existing My Brother's Keeper initiative to offer support, events and curriculum for young women in St. Pete's community - My Sister's Keeper.
Applications for the Cohort
|Cohort Digital Application (Ages 18+)||Cohort Printable Application (Ages 18+)|
|Cohort Digital Application (Ages Under 18)||Cohort Printable Application (Ages Under 18)|
Cohort applications can be sent to Urban.Affairs@stpete.org.
City officials extended their commitment to youth in St. Petersburg with new programs geared toward young women – starting with the “JUST B YOU” Conference for middle schools girls in summer 2017 and the “JUST GIRL TALK” conference for young women in high school in April 2018.
The newest program of the Sister's Keeper Collective is Sister's Kin-nect -- "A community of inspiring women igniting and connecting opportunities." This annual event will offer a dynamic evening of personal investment, intention to ignite and inspire for women of all ages.
Join the My Sister's Keeper Fellowship
The My Sister's Keeper Fellowship was created to be a network for young women in St. Pete to connect to ignite, inspire and invest in each together.
Important Notes for the Current Fellowship Class
- Application deadline Friday, November 6th at 5pm
- Application Review Period Nov 9th - 20th
- There will be six 90-minute sessions from 10am-11:30am one Saturday a month.
- Dates December 5th, January 2nd, February 6th, March 6th, April 3rd and May 1st
- Candidates must have attended Sister's Kin-nect 2020 to be eligible to apply for this opportunity.
Virtual 6-month Fellowship Sessions will include the following:
- Opening Leadership Assessment
- Effective Communication, Verbal and Non-Verbal, Difficult Conversations
- Breakthrough Leadership Attitudes and Mindset
- Investing in Your Future/Education/Certifications
- Building Wealth/Finance and Investing/Entrepreneurship
- Networking Opportunities/Relationship Building
- Community Builder and Creating a Portfolio
- Monthly Progress Assignments(maybe by video) and Peer Coaching
- Cohort Project
*List is subject to changes and additions