The City's Planning and Development Services Department will continue to provide all services in electronic and virtual formats in an effort to reduce person-to-person interactions. For more information: stpete.org/emergency.
The Construction Services & Permitting lobby will now be open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, and Wednesdays from 8:00 am to noon for the following in-person services:
- Residential and Commercial Over-the-Counter drop-off service. (Three (3) day estimated review.)
- Scanning Services for Over-the-Counter permits, with a limit of ten (10) sheets.
- Same day plan review for Over-the-Counter permits, by appointment only. (Permits that can be reviewed within a 30 minute period.) Please contact Lisa Butler 727-893-4120 or email CSP.PlanReview@stpete.org to schedule an appointment.
New appointment software is coming soon!
The City Planning and Development team will strive to provide the same level of service to our customers through email, phone and virtual options. All meetings will continue to be handled as conference calls. All plans can continue to be submitted utilizing electronic applications. Please review the PDS Covid-19 Emergency Operation Procedures for details.
STOP! If you have previously submitted paper plans in person DO NOT CREATE A NEW PERMIT ONLINE. Contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org so your original permit can be converted. This applies to ALL REVISIONS AND RESUBMITTALS of paper plans that already have a permit/application number. Thank you.
- Construction Services Forms
- View Property Cards
- View Elevation Certificates
- Electronic Plan Review How-To Guides
StPeteStat: An interactive tool displaying performance metrics for Construction Services and Permitting.
Have you worked with our team? Please share your thoughts with us by completing this survey:
Customer Service Survey
- Permitting Resources
- Building Guides & Info
- Permitting Fees
- Flood Hazard Information
- Food Facility Permits
- Florida Energy Conservation Code States:
Effective July 1st 2017; New Construction on residential buildings or dwelling units shall have Blower Door Testing performed by an Approved 3rd Party Agency.
In an effort to increase our Plan Review service scope, we now offer an email or fax alert which allows comments in real time as each agency completes the review. Please note these emails will be in addition to the complete summary you will receive when all reviews have been completed. Click here to sign up for email or fax notifications for the most recent plan review comments.
- www.stpete.org/developmentprojects is now live! An interactive map displays active large development projects located in St. Petersburg. View a particular project for more information! Subscribe to a project and receive notifications on the latest news.
- Effective January 2019, the City is offering a 10-day expedited plan review for qualifying Affordable/Workforce Housing projects. Please visit the Housing Developers page to fill out the Certification of Affordable/Workforce Housing for Expedited Permitting & Zoning Incentives form. For questions, please contact Joshua Johnson at email@example.com.