Utility Billing Services Committee
Utility Billing Review Committee
The Utility Billing Review Committee (UBRC) consists of City employees with relevant expertise in utility billing who provide an opportunity for customers to dispute utility bills after the following steps are completed:
- Customer contacted Customer Service Call Center
- Customer Service Call Center analyzed customer account for the following:
- Generate a work order for high consumption concern, if needed
- Provide information on how to apply for a leak adjustment, if applicable
- If applicable, provide payment arrangement options
- City employees verified meter read, register functionality and/or running water on private property for possible high consumption or billing errors
- If a leak has been detected on private property, customer submitted a Request for Utility Billing Adjustment
- Customer submitted supporting documentation verifying the absence of a leak on private property
How to Petition the UBRC
Utility account holders must complete the Utility Billing Review Committee (UBRC) Application form found below and provide the applicable supporting documentation as described above. The deadline to submit an application is three weeks (21 calendar days) prior to the scheduled hearing. UBRC hearings are held bi-monthly on the third Wednesday of each odd numbered month from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Municipal Services Center (address below). Attendance is not required; however, the committee will make recommendations in the account holder’s absence.
The UBRC Application form and supporting documentation may be submitted one of the following ways:
- Email: UBRC@stpete.org
- Mail: City of St. Petersburg P.O. Box 2842 St. Petersburg, FL 33731
- In-Person: Municipal Services Center One 4th St. N. St. Peterburg, FL 33701
Upon receipt of the UBRC application form and supporting documentation, the Coordinator will analyze the account in question and will escalate the concern within the Billing and Collections Department or provide the hearing date and time the application will be reviewed for petition.
Note: It is recommended that customers continue to pay their utility bills while waiting for their requests to be reviewed. Customers unable to pay the full balance are encouraged to contact the Customer Call Center at 727-893-7341 for assistance.
After the UBRC Hearing
The UBRC recommendation is submitted to the Mayor for approval. Upon approval, the UBRC Coordinator will process the Committee’s recommendation within approximately two weeks of the UBRC hearing date.
Please Note: All UBRC recommendations are final; therefore, if you are not satisfied with the Committee’s decision, your recourse is to pursue the issue through the court system.
For information on scheduling an appearance before the Utility Billing Review Committee, contact the UBRC Coordinator at 727-893-7822.
To process service requests or inquiries concerning water, sewer, sanitation, reclaimed water and stormwater management services, during business hours (8:00 A.M. to
5:00 P.M.) contact the Utility Accounts Division at 727-893-7341.
For afterhours emergencies (emergency turn on, turn off), contact the Water Resources Department at 727-893-7261.
For inquiries concerning delinquent utility service accounts, contact City Collections at 727-892-5410.