Candidate Rules & Information
Offices of Mayor and Council Districts 1, 2, 4, 6, 8
- Primary Election: August 24, 2021
- General Election: November 2, 2021
- Starts June 3, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
- Ends on June 18, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
- Must be a registered voter.
- Candidates for Council Member must have been a resident of the declared district for at least the past 12 months, as of the date of the primary election.
- Candidates for Mayor must have been a resident of the City for at least the past 12 months, as of the date of the primary election.
- Candidates cannot have become and cannot be a candidate, a nominee, or representative of any political party or any committee or convention representing or acting for any political party.
Term of Office
- The election for districts 2, 4, 6, and 8 are for a full term of approximately four 4 Years, beginning the first Thursday in January 2022 and running through the second Thursday in January 2026.
- The election for district 1 is being held to fill a vacancy that will occur when the resignation of the current Council Member for district 1 goes into effect on January 5, 2021. Accordingly, the election for district 1 is to fill the remainder of that Council Member’s current term, which runs through the first Thursday in January 2024.