Become a Mentor
HELP STUDENTS REACH THEIR POTENTIAL
Mentoring is an extremely effective way to positively affect the City's youth. Big Brothers Big Sisters reports that mentored students are:
- 27% less likely to begin using alcohol
- 52% less likely to skip school
- 46% less likely to begin using illegal drugs
- 56% report improved relationships with their peers
- 64% developed higher levels of self-confidence
- 33% were less likely to hit someone
- Better able to get along with their family members
Volunteer as a PCS Mentor
Become a registered volunteer with Pinellas County Schools by submitting a completed volunteer registration form to your nearest school. The PCS Volunteer Registration form can be found online at pcsb.org.
For additional questions, please contact Rich Engwall, in the office of St. Pete’s Promise, City of St. Petersburg, at 727-893-7087 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Endorsed Programs
If you can't become a PCS mentor, opportunities for other types of youth support are available: