South St. Pete CRA Microfund Program
ATTENTION: Applications for the South St. Petersburg CRA Microfund Program will reopen on Thursday, December 14, 2023 at 10 a.m.
South St. Pete CRA Microfund Program
The South St. Petersburg CRA Microfund Program offers personalized capacity building through increased education, mentoring, and networking in exchange for funding so business owners can make targeted and planful improvements without having to provide upfront capital. Through this funding package, the City’s goal is to ensure businesses within the Community Redevelopment Area (CRA) can take advantage of the capital access initiative.
It is important to know that you must be located within the geographic boundaries of South St. Petersburg CRA to qualify.
Use the map to verify if your business is located in the South St. Petersburg CRA.
What You Need To Know
- The Microfund requires no upfront capital.
- The Program offers personalized capacity building through increased education, mentoring, and networking in exchange for CRA funding so business owners can make targeted and planful improvements without having to provide upfront capital.
- Cohort will be given up to 60 business days to complete the assigned capacity-building curriculum which may require up to 18 hours of attendance and/or engagement.
- Program periods are expected to recur upon the completion of each cohort
How It Works
- The 2024 Microfund Program will launch with a 30-day open application period from Thursday, December 14, 2023 at 10 a.m. through Monday, January 15, 2024 at 8 p.m.
- This program will run three cohorts with a maximum of 135 total participants (anticipating 45 businesses per cohort).
- Applicants meeting program eligibility will be placed in one of the three cohorts based on the order of application completion, until all spots are filled.
- Once the maximum number of participants is reached, any remaining applicants may apply for a future funding round.
- Microfund Program graduates may be eligible to submit an application for a different business three years from the date of their original program participation.
- Existing Brick and Mortar - $10,000
- Existing Family Childcare - $10,000
- Existing Home-Based Business - $5,000
- Existing Shared Commercial Space - $5,000
- Early-Stage Startup - $2,500
Be sure to consider the following before you apply.
Applicants must own a business located within the South St. Petersburg Community Redevelopment Area (CRA) for at least six months.
Microfund Program graduates may be eligible to submit an application for a different business three years after the date of their original program participation.
Spending plans will be developed to ensure funds deployed meet program eligibility standards.
- 2024 Microfund Program Guidelines
- Microfund Program Application Toolkit
- Frequently Asked Questions - Microfund Program
- Frequently Asked Questions - Grant Funding
Microfund 101 Workshops
The Greenhouse will offer both in-person and hybrid in-person/virtual informational sessions to educate businesses on program information, eligibility, the application process, and more.
Please Note: Applicants must attend a Microfund 101 Workshop or Webinar to fulfill a mandatory prerequisite. Applications will only be considered complete upon successful completion of this requirement.
Microfund 101 Webinar and Live Workshops
Thursday. December 7 at 6 p.m.
Enoch Davis Center
1111 18th Ave. S.
Hybrid In-Person/Virtual Workshops
Monday, December 4 at 6 p.m.
440 2nd Ave. N.
To register, visit stpetegreenhouse.com/events
Virtual Office Hours
The Greenhouse will offer Virtual Office Hours to help businesses through the application process and answer questions.
- Friday, December 1 at 12 - 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 5 at 12 - 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 6 at 6 - 7 p.m.
- Thursday, December 7 at 12 - 1 p.m.
- Friday, December 8 at 12 - 1 p.m.
- Monday, December 11 at 6 - 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 13 at 6 - 7 p.m.
How to Apply
Applications for the South St. Petersburg CRA Microfund Program will be accepted Thursday, December 14, 2023 at 10 a.m. through Monday, January 15, 2024 at 8 p.m. Here are a few suggestions to help you get ready.
- Get/renew your business tax receipt.
- Make sure to have all of your income tax paperwork on hand or easily accessible.
- Have all of your business registration information.
This is a business grant application, and it is recommended you complete the application utilizing a computer or laptop. You can use a mobile device such as an iPad or cell phone, but please note this is not the most optimal device for ease of application. If you do not have access to a computer or laptop, The Greenhouse offers computers to utilize, as do St. Petersburg Public Libraries.
Get In Touch
Any questions, email email@example.com or call 727-893-7146.
A Big 'Thank You' To Our Partners
- The St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce
- SCORE Pinellas County
- Florida SBDC at Pinellas County Economic Development
- Tampa Bay Black Business Investment Corporation
2023 Summer Cohort Program Recap
Continue to check this webpage for updates and more information.
If you would like to receive email updates straight to your inbox as they become available, please sign up for our incentive notifications at www.stpetegreenhouse.com/incentives.