Beyond the Bin
Regular trash and yard waste should be placed in the designated trash bin and not left loose on the curb or in the alley. For large or excess items, arrange for a special pickup. The City will pick up the following items for free:
- Car batteries (max 5)
- Car tires (max 5)
- Doors (max 2)
- Empty fuel tanks (max 2)
- Furniture, carpet, and appliances (max 3 cubic yards)
- Kitchen cabinets (max 2)
- Windows (max 2)
For removal of items outside of this list (like large quantities of accumulated waste, building materials, and brush) there is a charge of $20.18 per cubic yard.
Arrange for Special Pickup
- Call 727-893-7398 or submit in SeeClickFix to request a special pickup prior to placing any items out.
- For items that are picked up for free, the Sanitation Department will schedule items to be picked up. For items that are not picked up for free, the Sanitation Department will provide an estimate based on the quantity.
- Confirm the pickup fee, if any.
- The Sanitation Department picks up your items.
Brush & Yard Waste
The City operates five recycling and brush sites where St. Pete residents can drop off select recyclable materials, yard waste, and other organic byproducts for free. Visitors will be asked to show proof of residency (driver’s license, etc.) at the entrance to each brush site. Find out more on the Brush Sites page.