Social service agencies that provide homeless services and/or homeless prevention services are invited to apply to take advantage of up to $50,000 in Social Action Funding grants from the City of St. Petersburg. Grants applications will be open May 8-July 1. In Fiscal Year 2019, the City allocated $578,800 in Social Action Funding grants to 18 organizations in the community.
Priority will be given to agencies that provide services for:
- Homeless families with minor or dependent children
- Unaccompanied youth
- Individuals (who are most vulnerable)
- Chronically homeless individuals and Veterans
- Victims of domestic violence
- Storage units for personal items belonging to homeless individuals
- Call centers to assist persons with prevention of homelessness or to assist those who are already homeless
- Discretionary funds for street outreach to homeless individuals and families
Applicants must attend the mandatory Bidders/Technical Assistance Workshop on May 31 to be eligible for grant funding. Interested applicants are requested to bring printed copies of the application and guidelines to the workshop.
May 31, 9-11 a.m.
City Hall, Room 100
175 5th St. N.