The 7.4 square-mile CRA is the largest in St. Petersburg and one of the largest in Florida. The CRA is comprised of Greater Childs Park, more than 20 neighborhood and business associations, and two Florida Main Street Districts.
|View CRA Map||Legal Description|
View the Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC) web page for information on meeting agendas, minutes and materials.
South St. Petersburg CRA Programs & Grants
The City of St. Petersburg has developed several CRA programs that are designed to support the “Three Pillars” of the South St. Petersburg Redevelopment Plan:
These programs provide direct funding to homeowners, property and business owners and developers.
- Business Assistance Opportunities (December 2018)
- The Redevelopment Approach for South St. Petersburg (February 2016)
- The South St. Petersburg Community Redevelopment Plan (adopted by City Council, May 21, 2015)
- Interlocal agreement between St. Petersburg and Pinellas County for the South St. Petersburg CRA (7.2.15)
- Florida Community Redevelopment Act of 1969 (Chapter 163, Part III)
- 2018 Special Dependent District Financial Reporting for South St. Petersburg CRA
St. Petersburg Main Street Districts
South St. Petersburg is fortunate to have two of Florida's forty official Main Street Districts. The Main Street program is an important tool for revitalizing commercial corridors, and has had demonstrated success throughout Florida and the United States. These two districts are:
Brownfields ProgramLooking to develop a site in the South St. Pete CRA? There are grant funds available to help prepare a site inventory, conduct Phase I and Phase II environmental site assessments (ESAs), conduct community outreach activities, and develop cleanup and reuse plans of eligible sites. For more information about the program and eligibility, visit the Brownfields Program website.
Subscribe to our CRA mailing list or contact us to request more information.