The 7.4 square-mile CRA is the largest in St. Petersburg and one of the largest in Florida. The CRA is comprised of Greater Childs Park, more than 20 neighborhood and business associations, and two Florida Main Street Districts.
|View CRA Map||Legal Description|
Main Street Districts
South St. Petersburg is fortunate to have two of Florida's forty official Main Street Districts. The Main Street program is an important tool for revitalizing commercial corridors, and has had demonstrated success throughout Florida and the United States. These two districts are:
View the Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC) web page for information on meeting agendas, minutes and materials.
Interested in receiving updates about revitalization projects, programs and initiatives in the South St. Petersburg CRA? Sign up for the Urban Affairs e-blast.
Programs & Grants
The City of St. Petersburg has developed several CRA programs that are designed to support the “three pillars” of the South St. Petersburg Redevelopment Plan:
These programs provide direct funding to homeowners, property and business owners and developers.
FY 2021 Budget & Revenue
|City of St. Petersburg TIF Contribution||$3,751,178|
|Pinellas County TIF Contribution||$2,662,059|
* Estimates based on Pinellas County Property Appraisers Office "2020 Taxable Value by Tax Increment Financing District” as of October 9, 2020, (Pre-VAB) Tax Roll."
For detailed information on annual property and increment values, millage rates and City and County payments into the South St. Petersburg Redevelopment Trust Fund, view the South St. Petersburg Tax Increment District FY20.
- Business Assistance Opportunities (January 2020)
- The South St. Petersburg Community Redevelopment Plan (adopted by City Council, May 21, 2015)
- Interlocal agreement between St. Petersburg and Pinellas County for the South St. Petersburg CRA (July 2, 2015)
- Florida Community Redevelopment Act of 1969 (Chapter 163, Part III)
- Special Dependent District Financial Reporting for South St. Petersburg CRA